SPACE-2 is an unusual business when it comes to employing people – we look for talented, motivated individuals, then match the talent to the opportunities within our businesses. We find that by focusing on people’s motivations, interests and skills, we develop a better team, more capable, sustainable and innovative business in the process.
We also have a number of business models across our company enabling flexible, part-time and full-time opportunities to co-exist.
Kinetic Work Placement
Planning a successful career in business? This internship will allow you to build up valuable skills and work experience in a fast moving, dynamic industry. A paid internship for those aged 18 and above. A year long programme, giving a thorough insight into SPACE-2, and both the media, events and property industry. Specific modules covering business areas and industry sectors can be selected by the participant to make the programme bespoke to the individual.
What are we looking for?
A talented, self-motivated, flexible individual interested in business, TV & film, media and/or event management. We aim to match your specific skills and interests to the many varied opportunities within our businesses. This will be an exciting but challenging opportunity which will require determination and commitment. Great organised, self-motivated people who can demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative as well as work effectively as part of a team. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be computer literate. The role will be primarily based in our Kineton HQ.
When it comes to employing people we look for talented, motivated individuals and try and match them to opportunities within our businesses. We also find that by focusing on people’s motivations, interests and skills, we develop a better team and a more capable, sustainable and innovative business.
The role as outlined below would suit a candidate with a broad skillset and be happy to take on a range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Researching, sourcing, promoting and delivering b2b parking locations
- Writing and presenting pitches and proposals to potential property partners and asset managers
- Creating a priority parking location growth plan that highlights hotspots for growth and timescales so that the business can build capability accordingly
- Mapping out existing competition and locations and identifying new target locations
- Developing a growth strategy in line with the SPACE-2 Park business model and creating operational processes
- Communicate with the management team so that they can assist in providing insight, support and advice to help grow the business
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the SPACE-2 team nationwide to help ensure the growth of the portfolio
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with developers, landlords and agents to ensure the business is a preferred operator
- Manage and maintain a strong pipeline of new sites
- Regular visits to potential sites
- Maintain up to date UK property market knowledge
- Negotiate the best deals possible for new sites
The ideal candidate would be solution-oriented, innovative, flexible and a team player; would thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment, be able to work within tight deadlines and have a passion for building partnerships, business development, property research and networking as well as be interested in commercialisation and property industry trends leading into developing market knowledge and building contacts. Knowledge of car park operations would be an advantage.
The role can be based in SPACE-2’s head office in Kineton (CV35) or in our London office (Marylebone) but travel to locations, networking events and meetings will be required on occasion. A full driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential. Salary according to experience. We are happy to talk flexible working.
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 /year
- Business Development: 1 year (Required)